Can you even believe that we are approaching Labor Day weekend?!?!
Like, where did summer go? Where did 2010 go? Where did my youth go? I’m almost twenty five and a half for crying out loud.
It’s a good thing I’m so mature and all.
Anyways, I wanted to sort of “recap the summer” in this post while I work on stuffing forty take-out boxes for my event in Austin on Wednesday. You see, I’ve never had an event before and I’m a little on the nervous side. In my mind, I figure there are three possible ways this could go. The first is that everything goes wonderfully. I get into Austin on time, we drink cocktails, we bond, everyone is happy. I heart Texas.
That would be ideal.
The second way it could go is that my flight is delayed out of Vegas and by the time I actually arrive, my own party will be over and I’m left with a hundred cookies and flat hair. That could happen, too.
The third and final possibility is that I’m socially awkward and just hide in the corner of the bar all night, sweating through my new dress and gulping down sweet tea vodka on the rocks.
Here are some of my favorite posts from this summer. Gosh, it was a fun one. So many great people, places, adventures and food. Oh, there was great food!
- I flew to Philly and played with Tina, Anne and Sabrina. I love those girls and I love the city of Philly. While in Philly, we jumped off park benches, met some fabulous readers and made homemade pasta. It was a blast.
- My mom flew in town from Georgia and we celebrated my twenty fifth year by having an IKEA shopping spree. I have a couch now and love it!
- I ate delicious vegan food with VeggieGirl in San Francisco! VeggieGirl, you are one of the sweetest girls I know!
- There many, many dance parties. Obviously. Don’t worry about my scary-I-just-had-plastic-surgery-face below.
- We went to Yosemite for the Fourth of July and I did my very first hike….and caught the hiking bug. Since then, I’ve gone on many, many more hikes and it’s quickly become my new favorite form of exercise (I just did six miles in the Redwoods yesterday afternoon—booyah!). Read Part I, II and III of our hiking/near death adventures.
- I flew to Tuscon, Arizona and stayed at the most amazing resort spa ever. I learned how make delicious healthy food, got massages and zip-lined through the desert. It was amazing.
- I also flew to Phoenix, Arizona and hung out with more lovely bloggers while learning how to cook with steam at the Thermador conference.
- I ate oysters on the bay and rekindled my love for both buttermilk biscuits and butter. Yep, I brought butter back to the party and we’ve stuck together ever since.
- I also started to work on ELR 2.0 in preparation for launching a whole new fun redesign in the upcoming months. I followed my heart and stopped food journaling, which I had been doing for three years. Instead, I made a big switch and re-focused the blog on food. More recipes, more musings, more adventures and explorations.
- I stood amongst hippies and faced sex, drugs and rock n roll head on at Outside Lands 2010.
- I also fell in love with Sausalito and want to move there. But that’s off the record. Also in the bay area, I ate my weight in tacos at the SF Street Food Festival. That was a fun day! I love tacos.
Yep, it’s been a fun summer but I’m all ready to welcome fall with open arms. Fall has always been my favorite season and I can’t wait for college football, pumpkin spice lattes, Thanksgiving, pumpkin beer, more hiking, more yoga-ing, fun trips and lots of wine (duh).
Stay tuned—the best is yet to come!