Good morning and happy last day of 2008! I cannot even believe the year is just about over. This seems like it was just yesterday….I sort of like that a year ago right now I was getting ready for a yoga class and here I am a whole year later and I’m doing the same exact same thing. 🙂
This morning I slept in until 8 and then made my dad and I a poached egg breakfast on sourdough toast. The bread tasted better when combined with salty egg yolk I guess!
With very tart kiwi and clementine pieces!
Like I said before, I’m getting ready to do some yoga. No class for me today—the only class at my studio is at noon and I won’t be able to make that since I have to pick up Ryan from Best Buy at 1 (he’s finally getting the xm radio I got him for xmas installed in his car). Instead, I’m doing another Yoga to the People via my laptop in the living room. I think the main reason I love these online classes so much is that they are SO challenging!!! Yall who live in NYC are so lucky because I would KILL to go to this studio! Maybe someday…. 🙁 As for now, I settle for second best at my own house!
Plan for today is: yoga, go to bikeshop and try to find a lock and a basket (!!), run errands with Ryan and go grocery shopping for dinner ingredients. The original plan for dinner is for me to make a homemade caesar salad with sourdough garlic croutons and spinach ricotta gnocchi out of the Bon Appetit cookbook. Sound good?
And finally….here are MY goals for the upcoming year. Usually I would keep this sort of thing personal but I feel like this is a very personal blog and I’m making it all open so that I can hold myself accountable and motivate yall to do the same!
- Be more patient and accepting to God’s word in my life
- ride my bike whenever and wherever possible to cut down on gas and energy and get more exercise!
- go deeper with my yoga practice and know that it is a perfectly acceptable form of exercise
- Eat for pleasure!
- get involved with a Church in Tampa and volunteer with youth group
- start and stick to a savings account
- expand blog and really work to make a living by writing
- finish first draft of my book
- check out more books at the library
- get involved with Junior League in Tampa
- Join a women’s bible study and make more Christian girlfriends to pray with
What I’m reading right now: