There’s no way to put this gently: guys, I chickened out. I didn’t run this morning. I’m just really struggling and feeling incredibly frustrated because despite it all, I’m still in a lot of pain. And it’s getting worse. You know when the doctors say you have 99% chance of custom fit orthotics fixing your feet forever? Sadly, I’m the 1% that they just don’t work on. I could go into my whole long sob story but for your sake and mine, I’ll save it. I’m trying to stay positive! I’m going to rest my leg today and tomorrow and then see how I feel Sunday morning for my run. I see my doctor again next week so I guess I’ll learn more then….just thinking about it makes me want to cry out of sheer frustration so I’m going to change the subject now!
Not going to lie, I was up super late worrying about this whole predicament. Honestly, I KNOW I’m not meant to be a runner. But I hate quitting and I hate feeling so insufficient because of my injury. Oatmeal made me feel better:
I used 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp Udi’s and naturally more pb. I love the granola/oatmeal combo!
So instead of my marathon this morning (hah), I’m going to my favorite Friday morning Yoga Grooves class. I won’t be able to go next week because this time next week I’ll be on an airplane headed to CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhh so excited. There may or may not be some interesting twists to my story, which never fails to become more dramatic by the day. You know you love it. Stick with me…..