1 chicken breast (about 5 ounces or so)
1/4 cup flour
about a half tbsp olive oil (just a quick whirl around the pan. I never measure)
2 tsp paprika
good dash sea salt and pepper
juice of one lemon plus additional slices
about 4 tbsp chicken broth or water or white wine. whatever you got
minced parsley to finish
1. Pound the chicken breast thin with a meat mallet (I used a wine bottle. haha).
2. Combine the flour and spices in a plastic bag and shake well. Add the chicken breast and shake.
3. Heat up the oil in a skillet (I used a cast iron). When it’s spitting hot, add the chicken breast and cook for about 3 minutes per side until JUST done (even a little underdone). Remove and set on paper towels.
4. Add the chicken broth/liquid and the lemon juice to deglaze the pan. Cook for about a minute then add the chicken back in and cook until the chicken is done and the sauce has thickened up a bit.
5. Serve with minced parsley on top.
The Catch Up Game | Eat, Live, RunAugust 17, 2009 at 8:39 pm
[…] for a snack— My mom was working late so I made a quick dinner for my dad and I. Chicken piccata with rice pilaf and salad. When I can’t think of what to cook with chicken, I go the picatta […]
haileeApril 6, 2010 at 4:43 pm
HI!! my name is hailee and i am fourteen years old and i really would like to go to a le cordon bleu ever since i was a little girl thats wat i wanted to do …and my dream has also was to go to the one in paris…but i doubt i will be able to go to that one!! but ur website is really cool!! and i love to cook all the time soo i will for shure try out some of ur recipes!!! i would also like to know if u want to go to a cooking school if u have to have ur general edd first? thanks-hailee