Last week I fell in love with this article shared by a friend to me on Facebook. It really got me thinking and then inspired me to write my own list of what I’ve learned in the past twenty five years (soon to be twenty six..whoot whoot!).
1. You really aren’t helping yourself any by cramming all night for an exam.
2. Everything tastes better when your mom makes it.
3. Money will never make you happy.
4. Being skinny will never make you happy.
5. Always wear your sunscreen.
6. If a guy really wants to be with you, he will make a way for it to happen.
7. Chocolate cake won’t fix a broken heart, but it sure tastes delicious.
8. Nothing in the world is more important than having faith.
9. You can never have too much under-eye concealer.
10. Don’t drastically change your hair color on Valentine’s Day.
11. Life’s too short to always eat your vegetables.
12. Shots of gin out of a turkey baster are just a bad idea (don’t ask).
13. Never change yourself for anyone else.
14. Take time to pray every single day, no matter what.
15. If a guy shows up drunk to your sorority formal then proceeds to throw up everywhere…he’s not worth your time (again, don’t ask)
16. Always pack a change of clothes and a toothbrush in your carry-on.
17. There’s nothing better than completely losing yourself in a good book.
18. Bubble baths make everything better.
19. Always do what is right for you and no one else, and that involves what you eat, how you exercise and how you choose to live your life.
20. Keep a journal.
21. Don’t spend money you don’t have…even if it’s for the cutest outfit ever.
22. Travel whenever you can.
23. Invest time in keeping up with your girlfriends through calls, emails and letters.
24. Don’t carry barbecue sauce in your purse.
25. I’d rather make less money and do what I love than make bank and be miserable every day.