I’ve had a few emails asking if I planned to write a book list for the summer like last year. The answer is most definitely! I’m thrilled that you all are even asking for more book reviews because it’s something that’s very near and dear to my heart (nerd alert). I always want to write more, but then I’m like “well do they even care?!”
I’m glad to know that you care!
So here are ten new books for you to dig into this summer. Some I’ve read and a few are on my personal “to-read” list.
1. The Widow of the South: comes highly recommended to me by one of my college friends who said it was one of the best books she’d read all year. I love historical fiction…especially when it relates to the civil war!
2. The Hundred Secret Senses: Amy Tan may be old school but she knows what’s up. I’ve loved each and every one of her books, yet for some reason, skipped this one. I just downloaded it on my kindle and can’t wait to start reading!
3. The Tiger’s Wife: I’m going to recommend that we read this for my real life book club next month because I’ve wanted to read it for awhile now and it’s gotten great reviews. I’m in denial that the author is younger than me and has already written an award winning novel….
4. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: If you haven’t read this, you need to…like, today. It was such a fabulous book and I was really sad when it ended.
5. Tiger in the Kitchen: A Memoir of Food & Family: another book on “to-read” list!
6. Dream of Joy: I’m sooooooo (emphasis: ooooooo) excited for this book to come out on Saturday it’s not even funny. It’s the sequel to Shanghai Girls, which I loved!
7. My Name is Mary Sutter: a novel about a young midwife during the civil war. I can’t wait to read this!
8. Secret Daughter: Hands down, the best book I’ve read lately. I read for about eight hours straight!
9. The Heart of Memory: I’m currently reading this and so far, so good! It’s a story about a woman who undergoes a heart transplant and looks at life very differently afterward.
10. Deep Down True: I’ve been meaning to read this for awhile now and summer is the perfect time to delve in.
Is there a book you’re reading that you can’t put down? I’d love to hear about it!
Also, on a totally unrelated note, I apologize for any issues you might be having leaving comments right now. I’m in the process of switching to a more powerful server (the blog should be loading waaaay faster now!) and still working through some kinks in the system. If you are having a problem leaving a comment, please let me know so I can work to correct the problem as quickly as possible.
As always, thank you all so much for reading every day! You all are the reason why I blog and your comments never fail to bring a big ol’ smile to my face.