1. Ribs. Ever since last Friday when we had ribs marinated in the most finger lickin’ dr. pepper barbecue sauce, I just can’t get them out of my head! If you have a really great rib recipe, please send it my way!
2. Mangoes! They’re on sale right now 5 for $5 at whole foods and I can’t get enough. I see mango salsa and mango crisp in my future…what about you?
3. Smashbox creme eyeliner in Midnight Purple. Last week in Austin, my friend Morgan (who is an amazing make-up artist!) introduced me to using dark purples and plums on my eyes. Purple is a lot more forgiving than black and gives a nice, soft look that makes blue eyes pop (note: it doesn’t really look that purple when it’s on…I promise!).
4. Old Navy. Did you snag some sweet deals at the 30% off sale that went on at Banana, Gap and Old Navy last week? I got a cute pair of sandals, two dresses and a skirt for only $50! Now the sun just needs to come out so I can wear said sundresses.
5. MAC eyeshadow in swiss chocolate. Going back to eye make-up, Morgan used this color on my eyes all last week and I fell in love…then immediately ordered some from the MAC website when I got home. It’s the perfect shade of pinky-brown (and looks great with the midnight purple eyeliner).
6. Eggs. Would you believe me if I told you I literally eat an egg and cheese burrito every day for lunch? Because I do. I really, really do.
7. Casual long dresses. I got this one two years ago on sale at Macy’s, but have seen some super cute ones at Anthropologie, Old Navy and Nordstroms.
8. Chicago style pizza. I may never actually have had it in Chicago, but I tried it at a restaurant in Petaluma two weeks ago and fell completely in love. Oh, the crust!!!! Thin crust is for sissies.
9. Farmer’s markets. While ours is open all year, I’m just now getting in the habit of going . It’s the most relaxing part of my entire week and I love all the fresh produce that is popping up everywhere!
10. Nature. I’m having a serious Yosemite itch but need to wait till May when the weather’s nicer. Nature is where I can reconnect with God and myself, and where I do all my thinking and relaxing.
Note that this photo was taken 12 hours before Adam busted his shoulder on the slopes. He should have listened to me when I said stay in the hammock…