So, it seems like I have been tagged now by a couple bloggers (oatmeal and danielle) to share some more info on myself! Here were the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
So here’s five facts you probably don’t know.
1. I sleep with three stuffed rabbits every night. My mom always told me stuffed animals had “feelings” when I was a little kid and I never wanted to hurt their feelings by not sleeping with them. I still have a bed full.
2. I transferred colleges twice before I found where I wanted to be. I started off going to Elon in NC when I was 18 and out of high school, decided I wanted something bigger so I moved over to University of Alabama for my sophmore year, dropped out completely to take some time off the second semester of my sophmore year (moved home and worked full time), then I finally made it College of Charleston for my junior and senior years. It’s pretty amazing I still graduated on time (I worked my butt off!)….but just goes to show you nothing is ever perfect and you just have to keep going til you find a fit. College of Charleston was everything and more.
3. I eat raspberry jam every single day after dinner. I always end my meal with a spoonful. I can’t help myself. I’m so totally addicted. Sometimes I just stand in front of my fridge and lick the spoon mindlessly.
4. The first time I drank alcohol was my senior prom. It didn’t take much. I’ve never been much of a drinker though.
5. I’m a super homebody and always will be. For me, there’s absolutely nothing better than spending a calm night at home, reading. I love being surrounded by my family and I also really love to go to bed early. Dork.
So there you have it!!!! Now we are all best friends! I’m tagging HappyHerbivore, Betsy, Kath, Romina and VeggieGirl 🙂
Alright! On to my morning! Well, this Saturday morning is the same as every other. I go to bed Friday night telling myself I will work out in the morning….I even lay out my clothes and a snack. But I never work out on Saturday mornings. I should stop kidding myself. This morning I laid in bed, pondered it, and routed against it because I would much rather have a lazy morning here while I pack for my weekend at home. I’m bringing workout clothes home with me to go on a run or work out with Ryan or something one day this weekend though. It all works out in the end.
I’m totally out of all fruit in my kitchen so my breakfast was a bit plain. But I still loved it. I just toasted up an english muffin and spread pb and jam on it. Easy. And soooo tasty. Like I said, I’m going home for the holiday weekend and don’t have school (or work!) on Monday so I will be returning to Orlando late Monday afternoon. Yay! Ryan and I are going to one of our friend’s annual cookout party this afternoon and then a birthday party tonight. Tomorrow I am hanging out with my family and having dinner with them and Monday I hope to be lazy and read. Lots of fun stuff planned!
I got a 90% on my practical last night. Everything turned out well, except for the burn on my wrist that is :(. We got out early,around 10:30, and I was happy to be in bed by 11:00.
See you after lunch!
RominaMay 24, 2008 at 12:29 pm
Congrats on the 90% on your practical!! =) Sorry about the burn on your wrist.
I have the same problem as you, except not wir and jars without even noticing it!o through jar and jars without even noticing it!
CourtneyMay 24, 2008 at 12:50 pm
Have a great weekend!! I don’t know if this is just happening to me, but I can’t see a bunch of your food photos!! 🙁 Instead of your gorgeous food pictures, there is just a Photo Bucket sign replacing them !! Is anyone else having this problem??
ChristineMay 24, 2008 at 12:53 pm
I had this problem last night I could see Jenna’s most recent pictures but the photobucket sign took up all of the rest
jennaMay 24, 2008 at 1:03 pm
Ummmmm…..yeah…..apparently I exceeded my photobucket account and they took away all my photos. But…I fixed the wordpress uploading photos problem and you should be able to see all the photos from now on..just not old ones. Sorry!
KristieMay 24, 2008 at 1:18 pm
Congrats on the practical!
And that’s pretty funny about the raspberry jam obsession. I find myself digging into the jam jar once in a while too, so tasty!
KristinMay 24, 2008 at 2:21 pm
Good job on your practical!
I am the same way- such a homebody. I love a calm night and a good book!
…And I sleep with a stuffed frog, so you’re not the only one!
Have a fantastic weekend =)
VeggieGirlMay 24, 2008 at 2:31 pm
Congratulations on your practical!!! Wonderful and well-deserved mark, for sure.
Love the 5 facts about you!! Ahh, I’ve been tagged soooo many times for the 5 facts post (and I do appreciate it! Thank you!), but I really don’t know what 5 things to type out, haha.
No worries about not working out this morning – you’ll get the exercise in later, for sure!
Happy Saturday! Go buy some fruit! ;0)
oatmealMay 24, 2008 at 2:43 pm
90%! That’s impressive! Congrats on a well-deserved grade!
Heh your addiction to raspberry jam is analogous to my addiction to peanut butter [and oats!]
And yes–there’s nothing quite like a quiet day/night at home…eating delicious food! XD
Have a fun-filled weekend!
rachel kMay 24, 2008 at 4:38 pm
I am impressed that you finished everything on time!
I went to UNC-CH and know a bunch of people who went to Elon.
I think CofC is GORGEOUS and hopefully I will move to Charleston when my husband does his residency. If that happens, I will need to get the 411 on places to leave and eat from you!
natalieMay 24, 2008 at 4:48 pm
Won’t worry Jenna your no dork I perfer saying home to 🙂
MollyMay 24, 2008 at 5:31 pm
I know you make a simple guacamole and I was wondering what you put in it?
Also, how do you buy black beans or chickpeas? Do you buy from a can or make from scratch? Thanks and hope you get some r and r this weekend.
RichelleMay 24, 2008 at 5:41 pm
Hey Jenna, I always come check out your site but I don’t know why this is the first time I’m commenting? Well, congrats on your practical! And I think that’s the most I’ve heard someone transfer schools! What degree did you graduate with?
AmberMay 25, 2008 at 1:07 am
Jenna, I just wanted to tell you that I took your advice and read “Souvenir” this past week at the beach and I absolutely loved it! It was the best book I’ve read in a while. Thanks for the tip =)
DanielleMay 25, 2008 at 6:05 am
Congratulations on your 90! That’s great. And I have to agree with you completely on #5. Sometimes I feel like a loser but as long as I’m happy right 🙂 not everyone feeds off of other people’s energy.
jennaMay 25, 2008 at 12:50 pm
I usually just mash an avocado, squeeze in a lime and flavor it with a little sea salt and cayenne. Very simple and very good. As for beans, I do buy them dry then soak overnight just because I save money that way because I get MORE in a bag then I do in a can and dry beans are super cheap. I think they even taste better when you soak overnight and then simmer for an hour in the morning. Its not hard to do either….I just put them to soak overnight then while I get ready in the morning they simmer. By the time I leave for work they are done and I put them in tupperware in the fridge where they keep for about a week.
jennaMay 25, 2008 at 12:51 pm
I graduated with a degree in English and Creative Writing from College of Charleston!