Trying to stay positive this morning but yeah……it’s bad. I didn’t sleep AT ALL last night because my ankle was throbbing and then this morning when I stepped out of bed I burst into tears because I couldn’t put any weight on it at all and it was swollen about 5x normal size. Luckily, I have an amazing boss who brought me a huge bag of ice this morning and is trying to set me up with his doctor this afternoon. I’m really hoping I didn’t fracture it, but yeah…..it hurts. This is a time when it’s hard to be 3,000 miles away—I want my mom!
Alas, I hobbled around and make some really strong coffee and oatmeal for breakfast in an attempt to pull myself together:
Same combo as yesterday:
- 1/2 cup oats + 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 banana
- sea salt
- dried cherries
- pumpkin butter
- almond butter
I am going into work in an hour because I might as well be sitting there making myself useful by making wine club calls rather than having a pity party by myself here. I just feel a littleeee overwhelmed because there’s so much I need to do and I can’t walk.
- call general electric to keep power on
- call PG&E to keep gas on
- buy a router and call comcast to come and set internet up
- finish moving out of old place because I have to turn in keys tomorrow morning
- do laundry at old place because I don’t have a washer/dryer here yet
- figure out the race situation…currently I can’t walk so I don’t know how I will run 13.1 miles but you never know
ahhhhh sorry for spastic post. I could use a prayer!