ahhh my beloved day off. I slept in til 7:40, made a waffle sandwich for breakfast and then made a soy milk cappuccino in my cappuccino maker to relax on the couch with! Unlike last Thursday, I don’t have a huge project to work on today. Instead I have cleaning to do as well as a light grocery shop. I’m pretty sure my dad is coming tonight to my presentation at school and then staying at my apartment because he has to be in Orlando tomorrow anyways for business so I am trying to make the place look a little cleaner for him!
Last night at school we did a good job at getting everything done and tonight all we have to do is finishing assembling the eclairs and slice up the opera and battenburg tortes. Something very strange happened last night though….I GOT SICK OF CHOCOLATE! Seriously! I was working for about 2 1/2 hours on my petit fours, with my face about 3 inches from melted chocolate and it actually gave me a headache and made me feel nausious. Combine that with the fact that I had chocolate all over me—underneath my fingernails, on my cheek, all over my apron…..it was crazy. These tiny little cakes are so not worth all the effort. The only snack I brought was my chocolate muffin…so I ate that but it just put me over the line. No more! At least for a little while!!!